The Life Skills Programme provides individualized and person-centered sessions, to provide support to individuals living with diverse support needs of any age who are working at various levels of independence on site at WindReach. The Life Skills Coordinator will work closely with the participants support staff to support the individual to continue to work towards their personal goals.
Under the supervision of our Life Skills Coordinator, individuals with diverse support needs practice valuable skills needed for everyday life; the skills that we often take for granted. We work with a broad range of needs and abilities and develop goals based on their unique interests. Our primary aim is to engage our participants in WindReach’s vibrant community and assist them with functional life skills that will promote engagement in the larger community here on island. We have a range of activities and resources on the property such as our community gardens, animal zone kitchens and stables.
Participants in this programme may come to WindReach as a group or as an individual. We do require all participants to attend with their support worker(s)
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING
IN THE LIFE SKILLS PROGRAMME?
School Age Outcomes:
- Challenge touch, auditory, visual and smell defensiveness in a motivating environment without overloading
- Improved concentration and time on task
- Improved social and communication skills
- Development of gross and fine motor skills
Young Adult Outcomes:
- Improved time management and decision making
- Improved emotional regulation, social skills and self-esteem
- Work related skills
Adults and Seniors Outcomes:
- Improved physical fitness
- Increased meaningful engagement with peers
- Improved gross and fine motor skills
We would like to take this opportunity to thank Bermuda Autism Support and Education (B.A.S.E.) for their generous financial support for the continued development of our Sensory Room. We are very proud of the multi-sensory equipment, and experiences, that we are able to offer thanks to their outstanding support and encouragement.
C.R.E.W. (CREATING REAL EXPERIENCES AT WINDREACH)
The CREW (Creating Real Experiences WindReach) programme is for adults with diverse support needs over the age of 18+. Our CREW sessions focus on exploring leisure activities, interacting with peers, leading activities, increasing independence and developing & learning new skills. The CREW sessions tend to incorporate activities such as baking, scavenger hunt, art & crafts, gardening, animal interaction, Boccia and more.
- To explore a variety of leisure activities
- To develop social and communication skills
- To explore and develop relationships with others
- To explore and develop interest and skills development
- To Increase meaningful engagement with peers
- To explore and develop new skills
- If you are interested in participating in our Life Skills Programme, please contact Rebecca Lawrence at email@example.com or call 238 2469.
Adult Move is for adults with diverse support needs and is held at the WindReach. Adult Move aims to increase participants movement and explore new ways to move. Some of the activities that will be explored are:
- Walks on and off WindReach site
- Stretching & Yoga
- Fitness style classes